To provide quality leadership and services that enable Nebraska communities, businesses, and people to succeed in a global economy. We are here, equipped and ready, to assist you and your community in developing and capitalizing on economic development opportunities.
- Up-to-date Nebraska state statute range from 81-1201 to 81-1213 maintained by the Nebraska Legislature
- Support communities with development efforts
- Assist with starting, retaining and expanding businesses
- Promote the state for business locations and expansions
- Encourage increased visitations by travelers
The Department's three operating divisions:
Business Development Division
Provides assistance to communities with business and economic development programs, offers direct assistance to businesses, and represents statewide interests in retaining, expanding and recruiting businesses to the state.
Housing & Community Development Division
Provides technical and financial services through community-targeted programs and regional service delivery.
Data & Research
Data, economic trends, research reports, statistics, profiles and demographics…you can find them all here. DED is eager to assist with tools, information and assistance to make your vision a reality.
Division of Administration and Operations
Provides support to the other three operating divisions, which offers cost-effective and efficient administrative, fiscal, human resources, and public information services such as Department News.
Contact The DED Staff